Free Blog Counter

Sunday 3 June 2007

Mt Roland Part 2

From that point on unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse and due to my concern about the camera getting wet, the photo's rapidly stopped. Sorry no piccies of the harder trail.

The good news is that I have managed to con some of the lovely people I call friends that it will be a great idea to leave Launceston at 2am, hike up the mountain under lights and be there for sunrise at the top of the mountain and for some bizarre reason I have recieved a very enthusiatic reponse, Bugger!

So keep your blogging eyes open for the upcoming epic adventure, of which there should be a few over the next 3 weeks.

Back to it now, from the rainforest trail we continued to head up the hill...



The good thing about the rain was that all of the waterfalls were flowing beautifully... I loved this one...



Underneath the log bridge over the falls, a unique view...



Three forest monkeys in the jungle... That should give you an idea of the size of the trees. How they log it so much down here is criminal. Pulp the Mill! I say...



More groupy shots of me running to be in the photo, bugger me its slippery when your in a hurry :D



The sinister Mt Roland all covered in fog and rain. Unfortunately this is where the camera went in the bag and was covered by my waterproof. Last photo of the day from me folks. Phill got some higher up the mountain which i'll put up when I get them...



Stay tuned for round two with the Mount!!!

2 comments:

phildo said...

What a crazy hike that was! The rain made it but also broke it...oh well thats what adventure is

Definetly had a wikid time. Come around whenever and we can swap photos

Ben said...

It was awesome! I went out today and bought my new pack so i'll be all ready to hit it up for the dawn adventure!!! *insert evil laugh*

Head torches were a little pricier than I thought, i'll look elsewhere from paddy